At Youth Care, we believe that teens in crisis are best served in a home-like setting that emphasizes personalized interactions, close supervision, and comprehensive professional support.
In this supportive therapeutic environment, students benefit from the guidance of caring professionals who know them not merely as clients, but as unique individuals with specific strengths, weaknesses, hopes, and fears.
The Youth Care environment is built upon a foundation of mutual respect. Our students are expected to treat staff and peers with respect and in return, they can expect to be treated with respect.
Staff members are trained to apply consequences and provide feedback for students in a respectful manner without demeaning or belittling the adolescent.
We feel strongly about the value of long-lasting family relationships, and we believe that family involvement is critical to the success of the child, both while in treatment and following placement.
To support these beliefs, our program is designed to help students develop a greater appreciation for their own families – and we strive to include the family in the therapeutic process as much as possible.
Here are the five core values that we embrace:
- Respect – for our patients, our employees, and our community
- Integrity – in our dealings with all those whose lives we touch
- Accountability – to our patients and their families, and to our colleagues
- Responsibility – for the decisions we make and the actions we take
- Excellence – in every task we perform